1. In-person Sales. There is nothing like in-person sales. Even though I’m personally a believer that this industry is going from product based to service based I do believe that an opportunity to do a gallery review with a client is a great opportunity to offer excellent customer service and even an opportunity for some print sales. I simply add a folder of all my clients photos so they show up in the iPad’s photo viewer and run a slideshow that way. I can hand my clients the iPad and they can flip through the photos, pick out their favorites and enjoy reliving their photoshoot or wedding. It’s a nice way for clients to see their photos and hold them in their hands. It’s also a great way for clients to envision what size they may like to hang on their wall. Also you can put your iPad into one of the Organic Bloom’s ipad frames and use that to sell their custom hand-made frames too.
2. Model Releases. There are a few apps that are great for contracts and model releases on the go. While I personally don’t like to use them for my actual contracts they’re great for a model release. If you’re out and about on the street shooting and captured a really great image and would like to be able to use it in your portfolio or sell it as stock you would want to have the subject’s permission. If you carry your iPad with you that’s easy.
3. White noise Machine. When I have newborns in the studio the iPad makes a wonderful white noise machine. It’s easy to slip in the blankets or baskets sometimes with the babies or keep right next to them without being seen in the photos.
4. Square-up! Hello, you can now take credit cards payments on your ipad. http://squareup.com
5. You can use it to share your portfolio on the go!
6. Some wedding photographers also use their iPads to produce same-day wedding slideshows. We’re going to have a blog post later this week on doing same day slideshows and their benefits for the aspiring wedding photographers out there.
Have you checked out all of our brand new classes? http://photographyawesomesauce.com/classes/ The live online class on Natural Light Photography is filling up VERY fast!