I got this email yesterday.
Soooo… tomorrow I’m turning 30.
I read your e-mails everyday and not only aspire to have an awesome photography business some day, but am so awesomely impressed by how you give your knowledge to others. You have already had a profound impact on my life and we’ve never met. That is amazing to me. You touch people so profoundly. I aspire to impact people in that positively awesome way that you do.
So, although you inspire me with all of your followers, I’m hoping you might be able to personally inspire me… I sent this message to several of my friends and family members this evening. I’m hoping you can contribute. I’m getting a lot of ‘go skydiving’ that I can’t say will actually make it onto the list, but I know that whatever you suggest will likely touch my heart and inspire me to live this year is a very great way. Thank you already for all that you do. :)”
Cassie is making a list of 30 things to do while she’s 30. Okay we’re not all turning 30 today, but I thought I’d help Cassie make a list of 30 things to do with her photography this year, and that everyone can do anytime and any year.
1. Take a photo of a lightning strike.
2. Take a self portrait.
3. Plan a day where you have nothing else to do except drive around and take photos of the things you see. Bring a picnic, a friend, your spouse and have fun photographing just for the sake of photographing.
4. Read >The Best Camera is the One That’s With You by Chase Jarvis<
5. Sit down with your photography portfolio and give yourself an honest review.
6. Start a scrapbook of photos of the year. Print out your phone photos, instagram photos, professional photos and make a book of memories.
7. Start storing your photos online so if anything happens to your house or belongings you always have a copy of your memories.
8. Try out some light graffiti photography.
9. Take a picture of the moon.
10. Go to a concert or musical performance and take photos.
11. Rent a creative lens like a fisheye or tiltshift and play with it for a weekend.
12. Learn as much as you can about night photography by planning an evening to go out at the start of sunset and photograph until dark. Downtown areas, cityscapes, and anything with light can be fun to play and learn.
13. Try out some smoke art photography.
14. Get a 20×30 or larger canvas photo printed for your home.
15. Take 52 photo walks. Once per week go out for a walk and photograph.
16. Take a photo of the sunrise.
17. Take a photo of the sunset.
18. Get a polaroid camera. One of those special new ones or an old one, and start photographing your world.
19. Make an effort to be in more photos with your family, spouse, or pets.
21. Have fun with it.
22. Try a style of photography you’ve never done before.
23. Photograph in the rain. (protect your camera of course)
24. Photograph in the snow (protect your camera here too)
25. Take a picture of someone you love while they’re sleeping.
26. Cook a beautiful meal and practice your professional food photography skills.
27. Photograph your pets (if you have any). Their lives are so short.
28. Get family photos done annually.
29. Make your business kick butt.
30. Love what you do.
Happy Birthday Cassie! Enjoy it!