After a year and a half of blogging tips for photographers I’m starting to branch out in offering inspiration to photographers as well by featuring one session per week of inspiration photography sessions, weddings, etc. If you’re interested in being featured on Photography Awesomesauce and would like to submit please send me an email at carrie(@)photographyawesomesauce.com
Because Photography Awesomesauce’s focus is a website for photographers to learn and be inspired with their business, our focus is not featuring sessions by other photographers on a daily basis. We feature once per week and therefore do not have space to feature every submission we receive.
- Amount: No more or less than 30-40 of your best photos from a portrait session or wedding.
- Sizing: high resolution JPEG files
- Submission Methods: I love submissions via Two Bright Lights. TBL organizes all of our submissions for us behind the scenes and helps keep us organized. We do accept submissions outside of TBL if you submit with a PASS gallery. Emailed files, dropbox, or any other method will not be accepted.
- Photography Types: Portrait and Wedding Sessions ONLY. Please don’t send me your best 50 photos of the year or travel photos. We are not National Geographic.
- Submission Information: Session Date, 1 paragraph about the session, your website and Facebook page
- Exclusivity: We do not feature sessions that have been featured in other publications numerous times. While we are not exclusive, we are also not repetative.
- Submission Time: It may take up to 2 weeks for your submission to be reviewed. If you do not hear back from me within that time frame please feel free to send your submission elsewhere.
- Please do not submit photography sessions or weddings that are more than a year old. These will be automatically turned down.
What Are You Looking for in a Submission?
Bottom line…high quality photography. I receive submissions on a daily basis via Two Bright Lights and with PASS galleries via email. My goal here is to feature THE BEST photography work I can to inspire others as to what they can do or create some day. The biggest reason I turn down features is because the quality of the photography isn’t the best. I’m looking at things like white balance, color correction, exposure, composition, and image quality.
Here are some red flags that cause me to turn down sessions for a feature:
- Crooked/sideways compositions
- White balance is incorrect or has color casts
- White balance on skin tones is too orange, red, or yellow
- Photos are not retouched. If someone has a pimple – please get rid of it. No client wants to be featured and blasted on the internet if they aren’t looking their best.
- Inconsistent editing – images that are orangey tone, then neutral, then sepia, then black and white are not consistent. Your submission should have overall consistency with regards to editing.
- Session is too old
- Too many photos to look through
- Submission isn’t in a method easy for us to view (dropbox, zip file, emailed files)
- Submission is already featured on too many other blogs.
I haven’t heard back about my Submission, now what?
If you haven’t heard back within 2 weeks it might be that your submission was not accepted. If you do not hear from us within that time frame please feel free to submit elsewhere.