Back in October at United 2015 I had the pleasure of meeting Kate from Fundy. United had a mini vendor expo and Fundy had a booth. I kind of casually walked by and was like, “meh I don’t really do albums” because I don’t, but Fundy has changed me completely since then.
I have never pushed sales for albums because I’ve always pushed sales for canvases and wall images since they’re my favorite. Plus albums are such a pain to design. Let’s be honest clients can take forever to get back to you on proofs and then they’re a pain to design and ugh…by the end of it I hate doing albums.
Fundy completely changed everything for me. They got me hooked with Blog Collage, which is a better version of Blog Stomp (just in my honest opinion). Now I’m in love with the entire thing, the company, all the people, and I thought I should tell you why!
- Blog Collage – This software is very similar to Blog Stomp. I have been a user of Blog Stomp for years – literally years. Unfortunately the service and quality I was receiving wasn’t my favorite, I just didn’t know there were better alternatives. I always struggled with getting the output quality right on Blog Stomp, but Blog Collage is seamless, easy and great quality. Blog Collage is a similar price point to Blog Stomp, so if you want to invest in a company that’s as invested in you – I highly recommend getting Blog Collage.
- Automated Album Design – Fundy is about to release version 7 of its design software, which features automated album design. Like automated as in…you pick the photos and voila it puts it in a layout for you. You can go in and adjust a few things here and there if you want to, but OH MY GOSH the time saving this will give photographers! I’m sold.
- Gallery Designer – Gallery designer is the wall designing software from Fundy. You can design awesome examples of print and canvas layouts for your clients. This is such a great tool to show clients how sizes work and how bigger always looks better in the home.
- Customer Service and Community – One thing I’m always looking for with companies I invest in as a business is great customer service and community. Fundy has that. I love the idea of investing in a company that’s also as invested in you. These guys are run by amazing people and they’re huge advocates for photographers. They really build products based on what you want and you can’t beat the feeling that you’re loved when you meet them in person or encounter them online. They truly are invested in learning and creating products that make photographer’s lives better and help you generate more business.
- Direct Album Ordering – One of the best album design features is being able to send your design right to your favorite labs right in Fundy. That makes it so much easier to order albums. You also have proofing tools if you need them before ordering, but this makes the entire album design process so much easier!
Just wanted to tell you guys about one of my new favorite companies I’ve had the pleasure of working with recently. I wasn’t paid to write this post and I get no kick backs. I’m just sharing about good stuff that I think can help you make your business better!
If you want to learn more awesome behind the business stuff like this make sure you subscribe to our weekly newsletter below, where we’ll be giving out extra special discounts and a few free products only for subscribers this Winter. You can also join our Facebook group, follow us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, and even follow me on Pinterest where I love to pin social media, blogging, business, and photography tips from all over the web! If you subscribe to our newsletter you’ll need to head on over to your email after you hit the submit button here to confirm your subscription. If you don’t see a confirmation check your junk/spam!