What is Photography Awesomesauce?
Photography Awesomesauce is an unconventional education resource for wedding photographers.
- There is too much sameness in the photography industry.
- In diversity.
- In LGBTQ wedding photography.
- There is more than one way to photograph a wedding successfully.
- In learning from relatable business owners.
- In sharing only resources and services I truly believe in and use myself.
- In affordable education.
- You are the only person who can define what success looks like for you.
- All photographers start somewhere. I photographed my fair share of free and cheap weddings.
- Mistakes are part of the process. I wouldn’t be where I am today without mine.
If you believe the same, here’s how to get involved!
- Go read the blog!
- Follow the Pinterest account!
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Like the Facebook Page!
- Join our Facebook group, but read the rules first!
- Come to Colorado for my workshop!
Who is behind Photography Awesomesauce?
I’m Carrie! I am a wedding photographer for rad, offbeat, and nerdy people primarily. When I took my business full time in 2012, I bought a domain name and started blogging about the things I learned along the way, and that’s how Photography Awesomesauce came to be. I photographed hundreds of weddings of all types from small budgets to high budgets as I learned and figured out exactly where I wanted to be. I have a degree in K-12 Art Education and even a state teaching license in Colorado, where I live. Although I don’t teach art, I obviously can’t get education out of my veins, so Photography Awesomesauce is where I love to teach and share with other photographers about all the things I learn on this journey. Lots of people apparently like to read about my quirks because, in 4 short years, Photography Awesomesauce had over 8 million unique visitors. It may be small in the world of popular blogs, but it’s a lot to me, and I feel grateful people enjoy this place.
Like any business owner, it’s been hard to figure out where I fit in the massive scheme of things in the photography industry. What I know is that I don’t fit. I run my business differently, and I like it that way. I know others feel the same and you’ve got a home here too. While my entrepreneurial journey led me here after starting one business, I’ve since started two more. I also own Rock Your Weird, where I teach social media, blogging, and branding skills to photographers and creatives. I co-own Made in the Lab, a graphic design business, with two excellent business partners where we make design tools and website templates affordable for creatives and photographers.
If you want to know where to find me outside of Photography Awesomesauce, you can check out my website, Pinterest, Facebook Page, or Instagram!
Tuesday-Thursday 1:30-6:30 pm MT.
I photograph my clients on Fridays and Saturdays and occasionally other days of the week so availability may vary, especially during the months of April-October (wedding season). Sundays and Mondays are my days off when I try to have a life.