1. You never know when you might meet someone who has been looking for a photographer while you’re at the grocery store, the bank, your chiropractor, or the dog groomer.
2. When you’re at a business doing business for your business (haha mouthful) typically the employee you’re working with (if they’re good at customer service) will ask you what you do and it’s an opportunity to drop a business card.
3. You can leave them everywhere you go. I leave them at restaurants with my waiter or waitress when I leave a tip.
4. It’s a great way to start a conversation and if you’re new in the industry and a bit shy, sometimes a tool to help you talk about your business can give you that confidence boost.
5. Successful photographers know that simply giving a business card won’t lead to a booking. A business card is simply an opening or an invitation to check out your website and then they can like what they see and inquire from there. Make those business cards catchy!
6. Business cards are one of the cheapest marketing tools you can get, leave them everywhere! Give them to anyone!
7. Successful Photographers always give business cards, but try not to come off as creepy when you’re approaching families or couples. Saying a line like, “I just saw you guys and would love to photograph you…” might not be the best way to start the conversation.
Are you coming to our class on white balance tomorrow? >Register< to join us live or watch the recording later! This class will help you get perfectly balanced photos. No more yellow, cyan or magenta skin tones!