1. Create and write down goals for yourself and keep your eyes on the prize. Because the economy is bad things aren’t going to be perfect and they certainly aren’t going to be easy. Having a business or starting one in a bad economy is going to pose a certain set of challenges in addition to the ones you’d normally have. Be patient and take it one day at time. When it gets tough and you start to lose your motivation, keep your eye on the prize at the end so you can keep going.
2. Market and Advertise constantly. We’ve talked on the blog before about the numerous ways for you to market your photography. If you do most of your photography work in the summer because that’s when the weather is nice out remember that even though you are busier you have to market all year long, all the time. Keep this as one of your business priorities. If you take focus away from your marketing how will new clients know your company exists?
3. Keep your online presence busy! No matter what time of the year it is, whether you are busy or bored always keep your website updated, keep blogging, and plugging away at that Facebook. To succeed in a bad economy you need to keep your name out there and that means utilizing the free opportunities on the internet as much as possible to keep people thinking of you even when it’s not picture time.
4. Exceed your clients expectations. Don’t just be the best photographer you can be, be the best customer service representative, the best blogger, and the best administrator you can be. If you exceed your clients expectations for the job, that will bring in referrals and start conversations about how awesome your brand is. Good reviews can go a long way!
5. Resist the urge to stick with something that’s been ‘tried and true.’ Business survival relies heavily on your ability to change with the times. Stay open to change. If something isn’t working – change it and try something new until it is working.
Who is joining us live (or registering for the recording) of our class all about white balance tonight? Can’t wait to see you guys there! >register here<